Ultimate One.... tellycalling

Ultimate One....
How often do you get a call and hear a lilting voice say, “Hi! I am Pooja calling from XYZ bank. Sir, we are offering free platinum credit card to our customers. Are you interested?” (uttered in a single breath) And you think, “Oh no, not again!” You politely (or rudely) reply, “Sorry, I am not interested.” And the conversation ends there. But imagine a reply that frustrates the caller with your witty response. We can frustrate them more than the other way round. Check it out by following steps.

First caller:

Girl: Hello Sir, this is Pooja calling from Country Club.
Me: Hi Pooja!
Girl: Sir, we are offering life time Country Club membership for Rs.1.5 lakh only!
Me: Wow, what an offer! Only 1.5 lakh! How come so cheap?
Girl: Sir, I am not joking (with a chuckle).
Me: Neither me. You know, one of my friends already has Club Mahindra membership at Rs.1.5 lakh per year. Do you have any concession on group booking? I think we have around 8 people in my team.
Girl: Sir, along with this, you will get 2 air tickets to Goa absolutely free!
Me: Free? I mean after becoming a member, isn’t it?
Girl: We are also offering 8/6 site in Tumkur.
Me: What should I do with that site?
Girl: You know Sir, if you have more people in your group, you can have a farm house there …
Me: … where we can enjoy our retired life (continuing from where she left)
Girl: I am not joking, Sir!
Me: Who said that you are joking? Seriously Madam, I am serious. (can’t control my loud laughter this time)
Girl: Ok Sir, I think you are not interested.
And she hangs up.


Second caller:

Girl: Hi Sir, this is Pooja calling from ICICI Bank.
Me: Oh, Pooja, nice to hear your voice!
Girl: (amused by reaction) Sir, we are offering home loans for 12% interest.
Me: Oh, is that so? It’s good, but I have an offer from another bank which is giving home loan for only 2% interest!
Girl: Only 2% interest?
Me: Yeah, it’s only 2%, seriously.
Girl: Which bank, Sir? I do not think any bank is offering at this interest rate.

Me: (lowering my voice) I can’t tell you, you know it’s a private bank!
Girl: No Sir, it’s not possible. If that’s the case, then, I’m also interested.
Me: If you want to know the name of the bank, give your mobile number or e-mail ID as I cannot disclose this information over phone. I am bound not to disclose the details.

Girl: Okay.
She disconnects the call.

Comments